Thursday, March 24, 2016

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Today I had a good stretching session and a really good practice session.  On top of it all I remembered to do free weight training.  

One thing I do before I start stretching is I spin in circles.   I am doing this to improve by equilibrium.  I found that I would get dizzy too quickly.   I started out with about five spins and now up to twenty plus.  I call this my "spin training", lol.  Once I am dizzy I go into the splits. From there I do stretches that involve being on the floor.  I finish up with stretches best done standing.   About two days ago I noticed my flexibility has improved.

Practice involved footwork followed by unarmed blocks against blows-dagger or otherwise.  I practiced fendente, mandritto and reverso dagger strikes right and left handed.  My left hand is weak on these.  I don't know why I haven't been doing these left handed before this.  Sword training started with one handed techniques, left and right handed.  Then onto two handed guards and strikes.  

I remembered to train with my free weights tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment