Monday, May 9, 2016

Reading Jag

I've been on a reading jag the past few weeks.  Every now and then I have to escape and I will do this by reading.  The downside is that it really messes with my sleeping schedule.  Right now at this time of the year, more than ever I need to be kicking things up a notch.  It is the middle of spring and the cycle of yard work-cleaning and weeding has resumed.  I have been working 37 to 40 hours a weeks with occasional overtime on top of everything.  Hmm, maybe that is part of the reason for wanting to escape.

At this point I am not taking good enough care of myself.  I need more sleep.  I have decided to try something different tonight.  I am going to try to use my imagination to go to sleep to tonight.  If I can make this work I will fall asleep a lot quicker.  I've noticed the better the daydream the quicker I fall asleep.

With everything going on my training is also suffering.  I have not lost anymore weight.  On the other hand I have not re-gained any either.  I want to re-watch the anime series that kindled this interest in martial arts.  These ones show an amazing determination and strength of will not only to survive but to exceed and protect those around them.  These help to inspire me to stay my course.  To be that amazing person I know I can be and to keep improving myself.  For those anime characters those traits meant life or death.  I want to think of my training as life or death.  In the long term it may said to be so for the benefits of exercise alone.  I have also noticed that it improves my mental state.  And for me that is very important.  










No comments:

Post a Comment