Monday, May 30, 2016

Totally Hooked

I don't think I ever really understood what the allure of a sport or martial was until recently.  As of this past Saturday night I would have to say that I am totally addicted to martial arts.  I had the honor and pleasure of sparring with a friend of mine who has practiced and taught MMA for many years.  It was intense, exhilarating and I loved the challenge.  For some reason he decided to spar with me.  He had enough fun that we did it again Sunday night. We plan on doing this again in the future.  I feel honored that he is sparring with and teaching me.  There is a great connection here and no special regards to me other than ability.  I may have lucked out and found my instructor.

I have to thank my ex-husband and my close friend and "second" husband Jeremy for giving me a good grounding in the basics of blocking and striking.  Twenty five years later those basics are still there and appear to be serving me well.



No comments:

Post a Comment