Sunday, October 18, 2015

Sunday October 18, 2015

"When all is said and done I want to be able to look back and know that I truly did my best."  The most inspiring thing that I have thought and told myself all day.

This is one of those days where I must practice perseverance.  I am one of those types of people who can have trouble "sticking to it" and following through to complete my goals.  My logical mind knows that I must repeat over and over training exercises.  To get that step and sword swing down pat, correctly.  Then to continue to repeat it to build strength, speed, agility and muscle/body memory.  My heartfelt goal is that thru the path of the sword I to learn to apply myself even when I find the chore repetitious and boring.  To transcend that chore into a comforting routine.

So today I "force" myself to keep moving forward, albeit slowly.  To slog on thru the cleaning and chores that need to be done.  And I must say the sword training exercises are a lot more fun than the other stuff I am trying to get done today.

I didn't want to go outside, lay the tarp out in the trailer and then pick up all my pruning mess and load it into the trailer, but I did.  I didn't want to go over into the glass shop, sort, dust and put the books back on their racks, but I did.  I did not desire to pick up that sword and practice today, but I did.  My reward for picking up my mess?  The knowledge and comfort in knowing it is done, ditto the books.  As for sword practice?   My unexpected reward was to attain that  moment when my body worked in harmony and I felt that "click" when the move I was practicing went right-I did it.  Now I can work on the speed of it, my agility, stamina and the burning of it into my muscle/body memory.
This also means that I can soon start on learning the next move.


No comments:

Post a Comment